Monday, August 22, 2016
Saturday, October 3, 2015
It's finally blog-thirty again! I've been so, so, so busy the last few months but haven't documented a whole lot. I knew this project would be worth snapping some before and afters, though! Baby boy is due to make his appearance sometime this month and I'm kicking into high gear to finish up the nursery. One major missing piece was a dresser for all those adorable onesies. Down in the garage we had one of Mr. B's old chest of drawers collecting dust. It was well-made but outdated and I wasn't sure if we'd ever do anything with it.
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
When Mr. B casually asked me the other night, "Are you still blogging?", I felt a twinge of guilt as I realized I've pretty much stopped. Life gets crazy when you have a toddler and a new home and a baby on the way but I'm no different than the gazillion other women out there keeping up on their blogs and besides, it's is a great outlet and something I want to do. So, this morning, I decided to stop stalling and blog, even if it's just a quick recipe.
Saturday, February 21, 2015
I'm so excited to finally be posting this! It's always nice to finish something that's been on the back burner and this project was no exception. Over a year ago, I came across some vintage chairs on Craigslist. I loved their shape but they were a funky avocado green color. I mean, it wasn't awful but it definitely wasn't what I wanted for the long haul. I thought since I could buy the chairs for a pretty good price, I would reupholster them to my liking and be done with it, NBD!
Monday, January 5, 2015
Happy 2015, friends! Now that the rush of the holidays is over, I can finally sit down to blog. It's been a pretty crazy season and I'm happy to be in the new year. I realize how long it's been since I last wrote, we weren't even in our new house (!!), but I've had lots of little projects going here and there and need to just write about them already! I figure my sofa flip is as good a place to start as any.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
I'm baaaaaack! Wow, it's been a long time since I last blogged and I really have no excuse. Ok, I might have a small excuse. We sold our D.C. house back in August and while we looked for a new home, moved to the Virginia countryside with my parents. You would think that being away from the madness of the city and having my mom to help with the wee babe would prompt me to really ratchet up my craftiness but it's kind of had the opposite effect. It's not that I haven't been doing any projects, it's just that I've had zero interest in documenting them. It's been a long couple months with a lot going on. My parents bought an old farmhouse that needs loads of work and Mr. B and I have been getting our fill of stacking wood, clearing brush, painting walls, sanding floors and yard sales but the house is coming along day by day. Between the fixer upper and my not so little baby girl (she's already ONE!!!) keeping me oh so busy, I've found myself not wanting to blog. I guess I've felt in limbo, waiting to know where we are going to land before "taking on" anything new to write about. It's been a sweet time spent with family and I'm thankful for it but all good things must come to an end and it has, which can only mean one thing... WE FOUND A HOUSE! YAAAAAAY! A lovely four bedroom, 3.5 bath, open kitchen with a wall of windows and a great backyard HOUSE!
Ohhhhh, I am so excited! We've already closed on the property but don't take possession for another four days. I would say these are going to be the longest four days EVER, but, then again, I've experienced watching the clock tick for 12 anxious days past my due date. Four days are nothing.
Having a new home on the horizon has gotten me out of my little funk and I've been excitedly lining up new post ideas. One of the HUGE advantages of living in the country again has been the steals on Craigslist and in thrift stores. You can find all kinds of goodies without the jacked up city prices.
This brings us to today's post! A few weeks back, my mom and I were checking out a picker's warehouse (oh, the joy!) and I noticed a quirky lamp tucked back in a corner. It was dirty. It was rusty. It was patina-ed. It was perfect. The base has this gorgeous chartreuse glass globe with a nightlight in it and when the warehouse owner dared the cobwebs and plugged it in, both lights worked. I took it home for $20! (insert winky-face emoji)
Friday, June 20, 2014
A few of my favorite health and beauty items:
- Conair Infinity Pro Spin: I've sung this tool's praises before and I'll do it again. It's the fastest way to get a salon blowout look without going to the salon.
- CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion: This lotion will make your skin baby soft and packs a powerful punch for an over the counter lotion. I noticed results within 48 hours.
- EOS Lip Balm: The first of two lip balms that made my list. I LOVE the flavors and the shape of this chapstick. I know it sound silly, but the shape makes it super easy to find in the bottom of your purse. Any of you ladies who struggle to find things in the "abyss" will thank me!
- L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow: This eyeshadow Does. Not. Smudge. Put it on in the morning and it's still working hard by dinner time. I love the soft, shimmery colors and inexpensive price!
- Trader Joe's Lavender Sea Salt Scrub: Summer is hard on your skin but this is the perfect exfoliant to leave it smooth and moisturized. The fragrance is divine, as well!
- Mega Foods Blood Builders : These pretty much saved me during pregnancy. I was very anemic and I could take SIX of them a day, even on an empty stomach, and they never made me sick. I totally give them credit for boosting my energy levels and I still take two a day!
- Cala Silky Glide Pro Callus Remover: My feet have never felt smoother! Bonus, and this is totally gross, it has a plastic guard underneath to catch all the dead skin it files off! Prepare to be amazed at how much skin will come off your feet... omgosh that is so nasty.
- Turbie Twist (yes, really): I love being able to wrap my wet hair up securely and easily in this microfiber towel while I get dressed, do my makeup, or dress the babe.
- Coola Peppermint +Vanilla Lip Gloss: The second lip balm to make my list, my lips have never felt so smooth! It's 100% natural, has UV protection, is organic and smells incredible.
- Trader Joe's Speculoo's Cookie Butter: This has absolutely NOTHING to do with health or beauty but I just discovered it and decided that it needed to be on a list IMMEDIATELY!!! It ranks right up there with Nutella and if you put it on your pancakes, you will never be the same.
Hope you enjoyed my little list! Let me know if you try any of these out and what you think.