Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal

Three words, Baked. Pumpkin. Oatmeal.
I was craving something hearty for breakfast but since I get up while the sky is still dark and my alarm clock seems to be laughing at me when it goes off, I needed something I could make ahead of time for an easy re-heat. I came across several recipes for baked oatmeal. Mmm, oatmeal, warm, filling and easy to make. Baked oatmeal sounded great but when they threw in pumpkin, I was sold. If you'd like to try out this yummy treat, follow the link.
First crisp up your oats with a little butter.
Add the pumpkin puree...

and the spices...
and the milk...
Pop it in the oven @ 375°F for 35 minutes. 
And voila! Re-heat in the morning, throw a little milk and maple syrup on top and you're good to go!


Pumpkin goodness!!!
The oatmeal turned out to be fantastic. Since there's not a lot of sugar in the recipe, the maple syrup is definitely a must. I love the taste of fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment