Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blinged Out Pumpkins!

                                    

What do you get when you mix seasonal vegetables and craft supplies? Blinged out pumpkins and third degree glue-gun burns!!! Ok, ok, maybe not third degree but daaaannnggg my fingers were happy when I was finished. 

Like everyone else in the universe, I too LOVE fall. Even though it makes me somewhat depressed because summer is fading, it usually only takes a couple weekends in the country and a few new fall accessories, ahem BOOTS, and I'm jumping on the fall bandwagon. One of my absolute favorite parts about the fall is the decorating. I get three whole months of pure design fun. It's lovely.


I'm usually all about carving pumpkins, always have been, but this year I decided to take another road and turns out I may never go back. I wanted fun, blingy, festive pumpkins to launch me into autumn. After a trip to the craft store and a well spent Friday afternoon, mission accomplished! I am in love with my pumpkins. I wish I could keep them all year long but since I used real pumpkins, that would not turn out so well. 


I highly recommend you march your cute scarved and vested self down to a craft store and pick up the following: 
  • Rhinestones
  • Spray paint
  • Sequins
  • Glitter
  • Hot glue gun
  • Tacky glue
  • Stencils
  • Anything else that catches your eye!
After that, go grab a few funky punkins and maybe a nice glass of malbec, to get the creative juices flowing, and see what happens!





After I painted the pumpkin, I used a chalk marker to rough out my design. I affixed the rhinestones with tacky glue since it dries clear and used a bamboo skewer to dot the glue on. 





I absolutely LOVED this project, it was so much fun and you can't mess it up. 

XOXO, 

Mrs. B

1 comment:

  1. Anne,Martha Stewarts website has some neat ideas for fall decorating & Halloween that u would like. Your pumpkin with black rinestones is my favorite.--Love Mama Pape

    ReplyDelete