- Hand juicer. Fresh citrus is always the better option.
- A microplane, a.k.a. a zester. Use it for citrus, cinnamon, and finely grated cheese.
- Stand mixer. This one is a little on the spendy side but worth it's weight in gold! I don't know how I ever survived without it.
- Mortar and pestle. Great for seeds and spices.
- Cherry or olive pitter. More time at the BBQ
- Steamer basket. Steaming veggies maintains their color and flavor.
- Rabbit corkscrew. Save your strength!
- Silicone muffin pans. An easy no-mess baking tool.
- Mango corer. I haven't found a better way to get the fruit off that stupid, oblong pit!
- Cheese slicer. Buying block cheese and slicing it yourself is an easy way to save "chedda"
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Ten (Somewhat) Essential Kitchen Tools
I wanted to put together a quick list of some of my favorite kitchen tools. There are so many gadgets out on the market that promise to change your cooking world but let's be honest, how many times do you buy one of these "must haves" only to lose it in the depths of your Tupperware cabinet? I own and frequently use all the items below and have found them to really make a difference in the kitchen! Happy Cooking!